As a marketer myself, I know how hard it is to make a good living online. I’ve looked at just about every kind of opportunity there is – from small incremental freelancing to trying to start six-figure marketing plans. If you have tried, I’ve probably done so, too! That’s why I believe I can offer you some solid advice here when it comes to making money online.
When it comes to making money directly from the internet, one common issue that we can have is grasping just how hard making money online is. It’s a challenging thing to get right, and often takes no small amount of effort – and luck. It also takes a lot of planning, preparation, and placement of ideas. If you wish to start making a living online, then you might want to read into the Amazon Associate Program.
This has become a go-to program for many people and is one of the best ways to make a living without having to build a website. So, if you want to know how to make money with Amazon Associate Program techniques, read on. I’m about to show you how this works.
[thrive_megabutton mt=”Discover The All In One” st=”Business Building Platform” color=”blue” link=”https://incomegeneratingsolutions.com/wealthy-affiliate-review-discover-the-all-in-one-business-building-platform/” target=”_self” align=”full”]
What is the Amazon Associate Program?
So, before you can start learning how to make money with Amazon Associate Program selling, you need to understand what it actually is. I am going to assume that you know what affiliate marketing is (selling someone else’s product on their behalf and receiving a cut of the sale for sending them the purchase).
It’s so powerful as it takes out the next to have your own product, your own shipping service, your own stock, etc. – you refer someone to buy from the dealer you’re an affiliate of, and they see you rewarded financially for your efforts.
If you have a blog or a website, you can easily build it around recommending products that you can find on the Amazon Associate Program. That is stupidly powerful. It allows you to earn around 4% on commission for every sale that you make someone else.
Affiliate marketing works as you are given a unique link that is given to you as part of the program. You use that unique affiliate link instead of linking to the product as you normally would. Now, if someone were to click on your link and then be convinced enough to purchase through Amazon, you would receive 4% of whatever the cost of the product is.
You can start selling the goods of others and in return make a small cut on the sale. It’s the perfect place to start for most affiliates with genuine ambition.
Find It Fast!
Why should I use the Amazon Associate Program?
There are many pros to becoming part of the Amazon Associate Program and being an affiliate for the largest online retailer on the planet. Just some of the reasons why we recommend that you look to use it as the basis of your affiliate business include:
- Amazon is one of the most commonly visited websites on the planet. As such, people will be happy to buy from Amazon; recommending Amazon goods is a pro, not a con!
- One of the other factors that make the program so good is that it is free to join. Unlike other affiliates, you aren’t expected to prove yourself with traffic quotas before joining.
- With thousands of products to pick from, it’s easy to make how to make money with Amazon Associate Program regardless of the kind of industry or niche that you work within.
- For that reason, you can easily make sure that you can get the help that you need thanks to the small army of tools the AAP offers you to work with for improving sales.
- Unlike other affiliate programs, you get all manner of metrics so that you can see what is selling and what is being ignored so that you can adjust and adapt to market needs.
- Amazon has excellent customer service, so if you are going to have problems with a customer, then they can easily make sure you can get the support you require.
- Deposits and withdrawals aren’t limited to how you can receive them, and you can get a direct deposit right to your bank account: no cheques that bounce or never go through!
A nice hidden bonus of the Amazon Associate Program
The other MAJOR gift we feel that we have to mention is the affiliate methodology. When you want to use this system, you’ll see why it’s so easy to learn how to make money with Amazon Associate Program.
The fact is that you don’t even need someone to buy the item that you recommended them to look at on Amazon with your affiliate link. In fact, if they buy something – anything – on that visit, you get a commission on that as well!
So long as they buy within 24 hours of clicking on your link, then anything they buy on Amazon in that period could be credited to you in the form of a commission.
So, as you could imagine, you could quickly start to spike up your earnings using the AAP. All it takes is someone who has a few items in their basket to check them all out at once when they click on your affiliate link, and you could be getting plenty!
[thrive_megabutton mt=”Start An Amazon Affiliate Business” st=”With Wealthy Affiliate” color=”red” link=”https://incomegeneratingsolutions.com/wealthy-affiliate-review-discover-the-all-in-one-business-building-platform/” target=”_self” align=”full”]
Things to consider when using the Amazon Associate Program
- That being said, it’s not all going to be plain sailing. One thing to think of is that you have a $100 minimum payout. So, if you are still starting out, you might be waiting a few weeks before you can get that first payment in the door.
- Another issue is geography. If you are part of the Amazon US program, then you can only promote products on Amazon US. If a British reader then goes to buy the same product on Amazon UK, you will not get the commission for that.
- One other part of being in the Program is that you are not allowed to promote product links via the link. It’s a weird rule, as ‘the money is in the list’ so it will mean having to link people instead to read your blog post on your actual website. While not a big deal, it will somewhat stunt how much you can do with your Amazon affiliate links.
- You might also raise eyebrows at the 4% commission rate. Yes, that is much smaller than the average 6-10% you get on most other affiliate programs. The ease of use, the trustworthiness of the Amazon name, and the product variety, though, more than make up for that.
Promoting yourself as part of the Amazon Associate Program
Now that you know why the AAP is of such rich benefit to you as an affiliate let’s look at something else: how do you entice people to click on your link so that you can make money with the Amazon Associate Program? How do you promote yourself?
- You could write a blog. You could start up a blog that reviews X number of products in that particular niche. Just remember to have a niche: having a blog that reviews everything and anything often means little traffic of value as you’re trying to be an expert for everyone.
- You could write product reviews. Similar to the above, you could start up a website that creates written and video reviews of products. Try and review it from an individual perspective, though. For example, an artist and a decorator would have different uses for the same paintbrush set: what angle could you write most convincingly?
- Pick popular content. Another simple tactic is to create a website that is all about just looking at the top sellers in a particular niche. It would mean doing a lot of writing and reviewing as the top sellers change all the time. It will, though, produce plenty of value for you to enjoy picking up over time, and it does mean promoting products you know are popular.
- Social media content. Another right way to promote yourself is to become a social media name. Creating easily shared social media content such as blogs, videos, and infographics with the links embedded within could be great for making sure you get lots of traffic.
Joining the Amazon Associate Program
Before we wrap up, we wanted to show you just how easy it is to get started.
Start by visiting the Amazon Associate Program website. Sign-up with your chosen credentials. Be sure to read their Terms and Conditions carefully.
Now, start looking through their catalogs using keywords, product names, etc. to see what pops up that you could see yourself promoting and selling.
Work out the best method for promotion and see what tools Amazon gives you. For example, you get ad scripts that you can use in the middle of a blog post.
Once you do this, you will be already well on the right path to get started. It’s now up to you to choose your advertising medium, your products, your traffic sources and set your budget. All of that can be a hard thing to select without expertise, though. What should you do when that is the case?
How can I get started using the Amazon Associate Program?
Well, as I have mentioned above, getting started is a piece of cake. However, I know that you probably don’t want to go it alone. Again. Nobody wants to try and start a new business opportunity without some cast-iron guarantee it’s going to have at least a chance of going well. That is why I recommend that if you wish to learn how to make money with Amazon Associate Program solutions, then you look at joining Wealthy Affiliate.
What is Wealthy Affiliate?
Wealthy Affiliate is the ideal program to be a part of when you wish to push yourself further forward as a marketer. It’s a tool that does a lot for affiliates like you who don’t want to have all the stress of other marketing methodologies. One thing that is great about Wealthy Affiliate is that it is just so easy to get help. Other membership programs can feel like a bit of a battle for position: this is not the case here.
It’s coached by someone who you can trust known as Jay Neill: Jay is a bit of a mastermind when it comes to affiliate marketing. Alongside Kyle and Carson, the two founders of Wealth Affiliate, he brings a wealth of knowledge to the table.
Learning through a platform like this is going to be useful for you in the long run, I believe. It helped me to make the most of using the Amazon Associate Program and enabled me to push my profits further up as I worked online. If you wish to use the AAP, then you probably do want to get some help: at least in the beginning.
Should I start using the Amazon Associate Program?
While nobody can tell you what to do with your own money, I recommend that you try it out.
By taking out much of the stress and work of traditional affiliate marketing, the AAP is an excellent way to help make sure you can get a good start in building up your online empire and making sure you have the chance of making it big.
Yes, it’s tough. Yes, it’s going to take a fair amount of work to do this as you had intended. So long as you are serious about the opportunity, though, there is no reason at all why you need to struggle with the Amazon Associate Program. I recommend that you at least try it, though; with so many features and so many benefits, you can only stand to receive some help from it!
Thanks for reading, and if you have any questions or comments, please leave them in the comments section below.